Type II Service Shoe

General Colt

General Colt

Hi,

Does anyone know some of the manufacturers for repro Type II Service Shoes? I need a pair for my impression.

Thanks, Coltie ;)

Many different companies produce the Type II, but many are also imported and last maybe five minutes from just plain walking around. WWII Impressions, At The Front, and Epic Militaria are the three that produce them at a high quality (USA made or a higher quality import). A pair on average will run you $200-$300 depending on who you choose, but the price is worth them not coming apart a week after purchase. Those are the three I'm aware of but there may be a couple other manufacturers who have similar quality other members have had experience with. I myself would be interested as I too am looking to buy a pair of Type II's.

phantomfixer

some feedback on ATF type II...the inner leather trim areas were plastic, vinyl, something but not leather...the sole was good, the outer leather was good, and the stitch count was too low IMO

Wolverine 1000 mile boot...not a spot on WWII reproduction...but much better quality...

pics are from web.. I can send a pic of the shoe after about a year or so of wear

post-155518-0-36556700-1504019676.jpg

• 3 months later...

I've been wearing a pair of SM Wholesaler's Type II as daily wear for months now and have had no issues. Originally started wearing them to break them in for a reenactment but kept wearing them afterwards because they were comfortable.

jakelives,

Thank you for bringing this topic back up. I recently received a pair of new run ATF Type II's and I am not disappointed with them. I have already worn them to at least three events. Thank you to everyone for giving me these recommendations.

• 3 months later...

I believe Roland said in one of his blogs that the smaller ones had 8 and the larger sizes have 9. My memory might be failing me though...

General Colt

These have 8 eyelets. I'm fairly certain Rollin did this so the original laces that come with the boots will be long enough to actually lace up to the top. He said he bought 10,000 pairs of 1943 nylon laces, and if there were 9 eyelets, the laces wouldn't be long enough.

I've had this pilot survival knife for decades. I used it on active duty.

I dyed the sheath and modified it for use with my field equipment and while parachuting. I do not remember where or when I obtained it. I am not sure it is the original sheath. I may have traded out the sheath at one point.

At one time these knives were ubiquitous. They were available for sale in the PX, surplus stores and places like Brigade Quartermasters.

Ontario still makes a good replica. I got one recently. They are just not as common as in years past.

I had a knife like this one in my flight equipment when I was on flight status in the air wing. The shealth was sown in the survival vest. If you look at my sheath you can see the needle holes and remants of threads. I believe I had the knife before I was aircrew, but I must have got the sheath from flight equipment because it looks like it was once sewn into a survival vest.

The knife itself is marked - "Camillis NY 8-1979 on the pommel" ( apologies for the poor photos ).

Do any old flight equipment guys or knife experts know if Camillus made these knives for private purchase? I know they had a contract to make the knives for issue. Does the absence of a US marking mean it is private purchase?

Thanks for any information help me learn more about these great knives.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

I have a pair of repro boots. I think I got them from WWII Impressions. They are great. They fit prefectly and shine up beautifully. I wear them for work. I receive frequent compliments, although I doubt anyone knows they are made to old army requirements. They are well worth the price.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk