27th Division, 108th regiment, company G award plaque.

beerdragon54

beerdragon54

I thought this was very different. I'm assuming between the wars. Company G was from East Rochester, NY. A collar insignia is attached to it on the lower left. Posted Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey I think there must of been a crossed muskets INF collar disc on the other side that fell off or was removed, I would replace it with a original one from ebay or here from a member who might have some to sell.

beerdragon54

Hey I think there must of been a crossed muskets INF collar disc on the other side that fell off or was removed, I would replace it with a original one from ebay or here from a member who might have some to sell.

I might just do that. The 2 upper holes were used by the previous owner to put small nails in to hold wire on the back in order to hang it up on the wall. It's a pretty big piece, about 2 ft long.

I might just do that. The 2 upper holes were used by the previous owner to put small nails in to hold wire on the back in order to hang it up on the wall. It's a pretty big piece, about 2 ft long.

Yes it is quite nice, very unique, a one of a kind for sure. What is it in your estimation made of, Brass?

I tried seeing if Trimble has his photo here, but he's not, I suspect he was a member of this organization when it was either the 25th Separate Infantry Company NYNG or the 3rd New York (in them days they were out of Tonawanda), this before the Great War and before it was put in the federal line as the 108th Infantry.

https://books.google.com/books?id=zcxAAQAAMAAJ&pg=PA20&lpg=PA20&dq=Company+G+108th+Infantry&source=bl&ots=aop3du83DR&sig=wryvGgyYgte-9TTf15N8rphaRFE&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi8_6f49-7VAhWJ8YMKHRMOAFk4ChDoAQglMAA#v=onepage&q=Company%20G%20108th%20Infantry&f=false

beerdragon54

Just found this. I have free ancestry for ny veterans only as a resident here. If I could return a favor let me know, anyone. I would date the plaque between 1924-40 but more likely no later than early 30's. Thanks for all your interest.

Interesting stuff you found on Trimble, yes 3rd New York, he's the company commander of G Company we see in Oct 1917, he apparently was the 3rd Battalion commander in January 1918, though by that date the 3rd New York has been redesignated as the 108th infantry. but leaves for some other assignment.

There are a few abbreviations that are unfamiliar to me, Maj OD SS, whatever that is, I'm betting it has to do with a Staff assignment, then HD, RL, and Rld, not sure what those are, I ask another member who's really up of U.S. army stuff from this period.

He seems to have as his last or one of his last assignments as ACoS Assistant Chief of Staff of the 44th Division, the 44th Division was a new division within the NG and had at least one infantry unit from around that part of Upstate New York, that being the 174th Infantry, the other unit, the 71st Infantry was here in NYC, with the other in Jersey.