German helmet souvenired by commander of the 100th ID, 442nd CIR

SEABEE SON

Garandomatic

True, but I think a lot of them yellow over time. My bringback is yellow enough that I wondered about it until I saw a picture of a real Kriegsmarine helmet.

I own ten KM helmets with full decals. It's not even close. Just lightly toned from age.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nice! My childhood neighbor was a 442nd vet. There were several where I grew up.

My neighbors father was a 442 vet. My neighbor still has his uniform but did give me his knuckle knife.

I own ten KM helmets with full decals. It's not even close. Just lightly toned from age.

Not even close?

R51l3c3.jpg

Not even close?

Posted Image

No. It's sitting next to several KM helmets and the contrast is obvious. Let's not turn this into a debate about KM vs Heer decals, please.

What's the point, unless you are challenging the provenance of this helmet?

I'm not challenging the provenance of the helmet, I'm just comparing the decal on it to a Kriegsmarine helmet decal. To me, it looks similar in color.

I'm not challenging the provenance of the helmet, I'm just comparing the decal on it to a Kriegsmarine helmet decal. To me, it looks similar in color.

It does have a yellow sheen to it, for sure. Duller than the photo shows, however.

Here's an M42 ET style KM decal. I used to own this helmet. You can see the deep gold of the decal is quite different than the uneven toning on the subject of this thread. The lines are a lighter grey-green, in contrast to the Heer decal. Very different decals.

post-101060-0-34213000-1503637764.jpg

post-101060-0-83408100-1503637766.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...