• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

1953 dated M-1 liner...too many questions

Looks like a nice interwar period helmet (post-Korean War and Pre-Vietnam War), probably around 1958-1965 issue. Typical Korean War dated liner with late 50's sweatband and decals, late 50's helmet cover, mid to late 50's made shell with OD painted chinstrap hardware (pre-Vietnam).

Really I wouldn't do anything with this one, looks like a nice unmolested set.

Pat

donation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

Looks like a nice interwar period helmet (post-Korean War and Pre-Vietnam War), probably around 1958-1965 issue. Typical Korean War dated liner with late 50's sweatband and decals, late 50's helmet cover, mid to late 50's made shell with OD painted chinstrap hardware (pre-Vietnam).

Really I wouldn't do anything with this one, looks like a nice unmolested set.

Pat

WW2 shell, other than that I agree completely. Except those might be black hardware straps which would make me lean towards an earlier Vietnam war setup

"America shall win the war. Therefore, I will work. I will save. I will sacrifice. I will endure. I will fight cheerfully and do my utmost, as if the whole issue of the struggle depended on me alone." -Martin A. Treptow Jake L.

NO ONE IN HISTORY HAS EVER CHOKED TO DEATH FROM SWALLOWING THEIR PRIDE.

Heaven help me, how I miss my friend

If memory serves, Westinghouse Mircarta Division supplied all the resin impregnated duck cloth for liner manufacture during the 1950s. A separate division of Westinghouse, Mine Safety Appliance and CAPAC were the three manufacturers that actually pressed liners during this time. Westinghouse and MSA, in addition to their respective mold in marks, chose to include a little white dated cotton tag with the Micarta Westinghouse logo to acknowledge Micarta's supply of the duck cloth while CAPAC chose instead to add the Westinghouse logo to their mold in mark along with the date the mold was made at the bottom of the CAPAC cross. Yours appears to be dated to 1953.