James H. Doolittle ribbons

Mike Serpa

If you check his Wikipedia page you'll get a good idea.

Cheers

Herman

I did check his Wikipedia page. I found no information about rosettes or the curly thing. It's possible the information is there and I missed it. Thanks.

Cheers,

Mike

uniformcollector

All of the ribbons with rosettes are foreign awards and the "curly thing" is the French Croix de Guerre. Here is a photo of one of the General's uniforms in color.

post-104949-0-67585600-1503364549_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to list the ribbons off of the colored photo from Uniformcollector. The green ribbon is the Order of the Condor of the Andes officer grade from Bolivia. The red wibbon with the white stripes and the rosette on top of the silver tress is the Polish order of the Polonia Restituta knight grade. The white ribbon with the two dark stripes is not one that I can identify. THe red ribbon with the rosette on the silver tress is that of the French Legion of Honor. Wiki lists Doolittle as having received the grand cross of this order. The next ribbon if the French Croix de Guerre with palm. The last ribbon is the British Order of the Bath.

Doolittle is also listed as having received the Belgian Croix de Guerre, the Order of Abdon Calderon from Ecuador, the Order of Ouissam Alaouite from Morocco, and the Medal of the Armed Forces from the Republic of China, but none of the ribbon designs match the unidentified ribbon on the bottom row. Maybe someone else can step in and ID it for us.

Allan

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to list the ribbons off of the colored photo from Uniformcollector. The green ribbon is the Order of the Condor of the Andes officer grade from Bolivia. The red wibbon with the white stripes and the rosette on top of the silver tress is the Polish order of the Polonia Restituta knight grade. The white ribbon with the two dark stripes is not one that I can identify. THe red ribbon with the rosette on the silver tress is that of the French Legion of Honor. Wiki lists Doolittle as having received the grand cross of this order. The next ribbon if the French Croix de Guerre with palm. The last ribbon is the British Order of the Bath.

Doolittle is also listed as having received the Belgian Croix de Guerre, the Order of Abdon Calderon from Ecuador, the Order of Ouissam Alaouite from Morocco, and the Medal of the Armed Forces from the Republic of China, but none of the ribbon designs match the unidentified ribbon on the bottom row. Maybe someone else can step in and ID it for us.

Allan