Latest acquisitions: Fixed Bail helmets

I haven't really posted any of my finds on the forum lately, and thought these may be of interest to some. It's a gorgeous evening so I took the opportunity to get some pictures of my lids.

I must say that I love M1's and have studied them extensively, but sadly, most of the helmets that I would love to have are typically out of my price range. As with everyone, I dig the minty, early-mid WWII M1's.

First up is my latest acquisition that I got this week. A completely unmolested, June 1942 fixed bail with Seaman Paper Co. liner.

post-80799-0-40299900-1503188936_thumb.jpeg

post-80799-0-65190100-1503188968_thumb.jpeg

post-80799-0-36330600-1503189010_thumb.jpeg

Always interested in items related to the 37th Infantry Division or 145th Infantry Regiment in WWII

"Let them not be forgotten for they have shown the world that freedom is not free"

Next up is a helmet I purchased at an antique shop last month. Fixed bail with factory paint, but replacement OD7 chinstraps, and a Saint Clair liner. It did come with a brittle, but early, flat buckle liner strap. Sadly, it was already split in two, and ripped off the attachment tabs when I was doing some light cleaning to it. The outside is post war repainted, bubba'd by a kid, but also has a 44th ID decal. I'm contemplating removing the post war paint to get back to the original finish, if it's advised, and if I can figure out how.

post-80799-0-24878700-1503189363_thumb.jpeg

post-80799-0-84110400-1503189378_thumb.jpeg

Always interested in items related to the 37th Infantry Division or 145th Infantry Regiment in WWII

"Let them not be forgotten for they have shown the world that freedom is not free"

Last but not least is my first fixed bail helmet to enter the collection. This one was sourced by a local collector. The straps are OD3 with a mid-war buckle. Interestingly, this helmet appears to have traces of black camo. Sparse remnants on the shell, and a little bit on the straps. It's not the prettiest, but I like it. I picked up a gutted Hawley in decent shape at the SOS 3 years ago, and the two make a perfect match.

Thanks for looking, enjoy!

post-80799-0-53716600-1503189799_thumb.jpeg

post-80799-0-44240200-1503189813_thumb.jpeg

Those are some very nice examples.

To me some of the hardest things to find are unmessed with plan M1 helmets

In Memoriam:
Lieutenant J.Kostelec 1-3 First Special Service Force MIA/PD 4 March 1944 Italy
I HAVE SEEN THE ENEMY AND IT IS DAYLIGHT
Forget about the tips..We'll get hell to pay (AC/DC)
"If you cant get out and run with the big dogs then sit on the porch and bark at the cars going by.."

Have you Hugged a Clown Today?

You Cant Get A Sun Tan On The Moon..