31st Division wooden sign

henrikson1487

henrikson1487

Picked up this intresting looking sign today at an antique store. Not quite sure on the era. Appers to be hand painted though possibly with stencils. I couldnt see any other markings on it.

post-163038-0-82199000-1503176412_thumb.jpg

huntssurplus

Very cool sign. Great item to hang up in the man cave or display area.

Thanks for sharing

Hunt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks. Ive searched around a bit for any information and praticularly photos pertaining to the 31st Division and their Artillery component but havent found much of anything.

illinois, I picked it up from an antique store in the chicago suburbs. Unfortunately no story or Info came with it and the dealer mainly foucused and decrative and fasion pieces.

illinois, I picked it up from an antique store in the chicago suburbs. Unfortunately no story or Info came with it and the dealer mainly foucused and decrative and fasion pieces.

Illinois, maybe it from the days when the 31st Division was located in neighboring Indiana at Camp Atterbury during the Korean War era, this of course will be a WAG on my part :D

Heres a photo of the 118th Georgia NG field artillery, notice the unit flag has the same red and yellow color scheme as my sign. Possible its just a coincidence but maybe not.

post-163038-0-21358900-1505234824.jpg

Heres a photo of the 118th Georgia NG field artillery, notice the unit flag has the same red and yellow color scheme as my sign. Possible its just a coincidence but maybe not.