Kevlar Helmet

patchtrader864

patchtrader864

i picked up a kevlar Helmet over the weekend .how do i tell what size it is it has a [ m2 ] on the crown and + 87/88 also has

HELMET PASGT

DLA 100-86-f-EE83

8470-01-092-7527

UMICOR any thing you can tell me about the age ect . would be great thanks . patchtrader864

I think the crown M2 means medium. But I'm not positive on that and not sure what the "2" is for. I have Unicor helmets labeled M7 and L2. The L2 marked helmet is definately the larger size.

In my best Yoda voice:

"A Medium, it is."

I still find it funny that there are folks out there who have no idea they made these as XLs as well. When I went through in-processing at Ft Lewis, I could go through CIF like a store with a cart, picking up everything from the list my Brigade had (funny how little of that stuff I ever actually used, though). There was a shelf of K-pots marked XL. I thought, "No darned way," and picked one up. When I out-processed, I kept mine and turned in a M I found on the back 40 once. Even the civilian employees thought the XL coding on my form was wrong and scratched it out!

Speaking of XL sizes, when I went through Basic, There was a guy whose head was so big he could not wear the liner in the steel pot. Used a towel around his head and the pot over it. Real nice guy but real slow. Don't see how he ever made it in to begin with.

quote name='Tenboremag' date='Oct 30 2008, 01:43 PM' post='220173']

Speaking of XL sizes, when I went through Basic, There was a guy whose head was so big he could not wear the liner in the steel pot. Used a towel around his head and the pot over it. Real nice guy but real slow. Don't see how he ever made it in to begin with.

I know that guy!

post-1208-1225402918.jpg

• 1 year later...

When I went to basic training a guy with a huge head wore a XL, the Drill SGT had his wife make him a cover for the helmet out of an old field jacket because they did not have XL covers.

A medium size Helmet, Personal Armor System-Ground Troops manufactured by Unicor (Federal Prison Industries) on a 1986 contract.

i picked up a kevlar Helmet over the weekend .how do i tell what size it is it has a [ m2 ] on the crown and + 87/88 also has

HELMET PASGT

DLA 100-86-f-EE83

8470-01-092-7527

UMICOR any thing you can tell me about the age ect . would be great thanks . patchtrader864