FLYING TIGERS RING 1945

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...
firefighter

Does anyone have any information on this ring?Posted ImagePosted Image

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

firefighter

That is a really neat looking ring!!

I wish I could offer some info, but I really like the ring!!

Chris

Chris, Thank you. I did find out that characters on the outside mean, China, and the inside means, Sichuan. I forgot to post that on here.

Unless documented as such somewhere else, I'm not so sure that is a "flying tiger". For one thing, it is missing the wings found on the unit insignia. It does look like some form of large cat pouncing downwards through tree branches (or tall grass), but it is hard to infer any other meaning. Still a neat item.

I believe I found a ring made by the same manufacturer as your ring. It sold for $150 back in 2016. I looked and noted that the Chinese symbols looked identical to yours. Whether it sold for as much as it did because the seller noted a "possible connection to the Flying Tigers", I'm not sure. Could it have been owned/worn by a member of the Flying Tigers? I guess, but I believe it's most likely a souvenir ring purchased in China, made obviously made by a Chinese manufacturer. I would have a hard time attributing the ring to the Flying Tigers without some hard evidence. In any case, that's what this ring sold for if that helps you with the potential value. You can tell from one of these pictures that the ring is adjustable just like yours.

g1.jpg

g2.jpg

g3.jpg

firefighter

Thanks guys. I appreciate it. I wish I had some paperwork to go with it. Do you know if the inside was marked with the same information?

In the description of the silver bird ring, it does say that there's stamped Chinese letters but there wasn't a picture available showing them. I would bet that they probably were the same stamps as yours.

firefighter

In the description of the silver bird ring, it does say that there's stamped Chinese letters but there wasn't a picture available showing them. I would bet that they probably were the same stamps as yours.

Thanks. I missed that

iron bender

Chinese are big into animal symbolism. I wonder if these rings don't represent year of the tiger and rooster? Or something along those lines