WW1 Veteran with WW2 Soldier

This is a fun one from my family. This is my Great-Grandfather with a neighbor leaving for WW2 in 1943. Granddad put on his old uniform to see his neighbor off.

I still have his uniform, posted here: http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/250208-ww1-medic-uniform-finally/?hl=grail.

post-131982-0-15660900-1503062832_thumb.jpg

Always looking for WW1 28th Division; anything, papers, field gear, uniforms, etc.

donation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

Oh, thanks for posting this photo! I LOVE it! What a fabulous thing to have and so fun to see! That must have been cool to see. Also, thanks for the link to the other thread. Really enjoyed seeing the uniform!

I have a question for you about the uniform . . . I got a piece of a cut-up WWI jacket, and was shocked when it arrived and the wool is so fuzzy and scratchy! Like an old horse blanket! Is your Grampa's uniform fuzzy and scratchy? I mean for wool. The poor soldiers . . . ;)

donation2018.gif

If you ever want a custom hand-embroidered (no machine) patch, I'm open to commissions! Pay or trade!
For an idea of my military collecting interests and wish list, see my profile page!
Looking for Old-Style US Coast Guard Commendation Medal (w/ or w/o ribbon)!

Oh, tarry and be strong; Tell God in prayer. What is thy hidden grief; Thy secret care.

Yet, if no answer come; Pray on and wait: God's time is always best; Never too late.