I purchased this FS SB helmet from ebay and I wanted to get opinions. The camo green paint on the shell matches the liner, and you can see the rust spot on the corner of the liner that matches to the shell. They have been together for a long time. It looks like USMC green both in the camo and the liner, and i know some guys camoed their helmets on their own. There is rust coming through the camo throughout the helmet. It looks like there was a 1 painted on the back of the liner, but it is peeling off. The one thing I didn't understand was the silver paint underneath the peeling liner. It looks like it might have been sprayed. I was told that could have been a USMC training helmet before it was painted. You can see the shadow of the liner chin strap on the inside of the liner also. The helmet definitely smells of age.

post-151853-0-12840800-1502818369.jpg

post-151853-0-03091900-1502818450.jpg

post-151853-0-93225900-1502818476_thumb.jpg

post-151853-0-57365200-1502818501.jpg

post-151853-0-61696500-1502818546.jpg

I had someone else mention it could be an ARVIN helmet. The shell is pretty awesome. It has nice patina with the stress cracks and the rust coming through the paint. Part of the buckle is missing and what is left is rusted. Do you think I should marry it with a different liner?

I think if it were a frat, they would have painted the outside shell with the same BKO, and I don't think the camo would look as good as it does. You don't think a soldier could have put that on there? Guys did a lot of different things to their helmets.

I think if it were a frat, they would have painted the outside shell with the same BKO, and I don't think the camo would look as good as it does. You don't think a soldier could have put that on there? Guys did a lot of different things to their helmets.

If it weren't paired with a liner (that's been with it for a while, as evidenced by the rust) painted the same 2 colors, than I might thinks soldier could've done it.

A picture is worth a thousand words, so here's a thousand pictures!

"I read that in war bad things happen, Ain't that the ************* truth" -1st Lt Mike Scotti