Vera Cruz MOH for Sale

uniformcollector

uniformcollector

Don't worry, I'm not selling, nor do I own a Medal of Honor, but saw this one for sale on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/106183-MEDAL-OF-HONOR-in-der-Ausfuhrung-fur-die-Navy-MOH-Vera-Cruz-1914-TOP-/132221247806?hash=item1ec900213e:g:8i0AAOSwTf9ZOrCs

It caught my eye as I actually have a large paper/photograph archive from Semple, but never saw his medal. It looks good to me, but is this one original? How long do you think it will be up for sale?

uniformcollector

It's my understanding outside the US they are still legally sold and collected.

Is the case as well on eBay?

Ok, we have 2 MOH's named to the same individual here. Other than there being "two" of them, what makes the first one fake? Could he have been issued a replacement after one was reported stolen? I'm not convinced the first is a fake.

Ok, we have 2 MOH's named to the same individual here. Other than there being "two" of them, what makes the first one fake? Could he have been issued a replacement after one was reported stolen? I'm not convinced the first is a fake.

In case you missed the link to the previous discussion of the medal.

http://www.usmilitar...le#entry1841605

Here are some photos of other Vera Cruz MOHs, both Navy and Marine (engraved in the same style). These were taken from a search here on the forum...two are Navy photos, two were taken by me at the NMMC.

Screenshot_41.jpg

Screenshot_42.jpg

Screenshot_43.jpg

Screenshot_44.jpg