B17 G

Dogsbody

Hi everyone,

A few years back I was able to vist the Imperial War Museum at Duxford, England. In one of the hangars a B17 G ( I believe) was undergoing maintenance and I was able to take a few photos. I hope you like them.

post-169612-0-10447300-1502566642_thumb.jpg

post-169612-0-65228100-1502566680_thumb.jpg

Rene

The original Memphis Belle was a B-17F and this one is a B-17G. What's the deal here? Did these guys not research this before hand? I know a LOT of WWII restored warbirds have phoney nose are. It just irks me to see this done when some research could provide more accurate nose art. Just my 2 cents worth.

The original Memphis Belle was a B-17F and this one is a B-17G. What's the deal here? Did these guys not research this before hand? I know a LOT of WWII restored warbirds have phoney nose are. It just irks me to see this done when some research could provide more accurate nose art. Just my 2 cents worth.

I was never under the assumption that this was to be a representation of the Memphis Belle having seen what was on the others side:

post-169612-0-67210100-1502649403_thumb.jpg

Why they did that, I don't know but it is a bit confusing.

Rene

Rene, those are very nice quality photos. The lighting in a museum setting like that is often difficult but you took some really good shots. Thanks for sharing!

Terry

Rene, those are very nice quality photos. The lighting in a museum setting like that is often difficult but you took some really good shots. Thanks for sharing!

Terry

Hi Terry, Thanks!. I agree that lighting in a museum often proves to be a challenge but luckily these shots came out alright. :)

Rene