Boy Scouts in WWI/WWII

lduncan

I am seeking information on the role of the Boy Scouts during WWI and WWII for some research that I am doing? Does anyone have a story, information, pictures, list of resources, etc. to share?

Stan Cohen's book V for Victory: America's Home Front during World War II has a couple pages of information on scouts both Boy Scouts and Girl SThesecouts in World War II with some great vintage photos. This book, in my opinion, is the best book available on the Home Front during WWII and a must have for collectors and historians alike who have interest in this topic.

Another book is Daddy's Gone to War: The Story of America's Children in World War II by William Tuttle.

I know there is one more book that is Home Front themed with scouting info and when I found it I will post the title ... when I cant find a book quickly it reminds me I have too many books but then I cant ever get rid of any.

Jim

• 3 weeks later...

The other book is Dont You Know There is a War On? by Richard Lingeman. This book like the others covers the history of the homefront and isnt specific to the Boy Scouts but may provide you with some information or possibly more resources in the Notes and Bibliography sections of the book.

All of these books are good reads as well for anyone looking to read more about the homefront.

Cheers,

Jim