M1 Helmet Vietnam cover... original graffiti?

Hi,

I have this cover (1971 dated), about Vietnam era. It has a lo of graffiti hanmade and I have some doubs abouts its originality. What do you think about?

They are very shade, but this is not sufficient to say they are same era... and... I see on the list of months GIU is missed... can be a reason?

Thank you very much in advanced and excuse again my poor english (sorry).

IMG_20170808_113723.jpg

IMG_20170808_113730.jpg

IMG_20170808_113736.jpg

IMG_20170808_113800.jpg

IMG_20170808_113817.jpg

IMG_20170808_113851.jpg

Looks like it was never on a helmet , no crease on helmet rim line , no sun spotting or bleaching. No shape of a helmet

So far I'm not sold on it

"Rise and rise again until lambs become lions."

Always looking for ww2 USMC items, helmets and any camo'd items

"thinking outside of the box"

New website

https://combatusedmilitaria.com

Fake in my opinion.

All done at the same time.

Not to mention I actually think this is a 1974 dated cover someome has attempted to make "Wartime" notice how the 1 area has a bleached spot directly over it, you can still hardly make out of the corner that would create the 4. The 1 also lacks the base of the column, which is a common characteristic seen in all the other "1"s in the stamp.

Would display nice I'm sure but I wouldn't get my hopes up on it being a period original example.

J

Misery! Bad day... :( Now I look better and I see that number 1 is different from others... yes now I think it was a number 4. Thanks Justin ;)

I payed 30 euro for a fake cover. I lost a cover, but the seller definitely lost a customer who could buy a lot more.

But thank you very much to you ;)

partisan

Fake in my opinion.

All done at the same time.

Not to mention I actually think this is a 1974 dated cover someome has attempted to make "Wartime" notice how the 1 area has a bleached spot directly over it, you can still hardly make out of the corner that would create the 4. The 1 also lacks the base of the column, which is a common characteristic seen in all the other "1"s in the stamp.

Would display nice I'm sure but I wouldn't get my hopes up on it being a period original example.

J

Good catch Justin!!

USMC 2/2 Fox Co 0311 & 1st Recon Bn Delta Co. 0321. 1986 - 1995 (Desert Storm 90/91)

US Army Long Range Surveillance Co F 425th INF ABN LRS Team 1-6 2003 - 2005 (Iraqi Freedom 03/04)

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gif

donation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

It was painted and rubbed

It could have been put in the washing machine in order to fade out the marker.

I actually put a Mitchell in the washing machine a long time ago when I was new to collecting and it came out with similar white/discoloring.

The number "1" also looks crooked.

It was painted and rubbed

It could have been put in the washing machine in order to fade out the marker.

I actually put a Mitchell in the washing machine a long time ago when I was new to collecting and it came out with similar white/discoloring.

The number "1" also looks crooked.

It was rubbed only over the graffitis...