Small B3 Collection

Ronnie

More than one constitutes a collection so today I added another B3 to my list of Militaria and now I have a collection of B3's. The first B3 shown is a reproduction. It's an early Averix. The early Averix stuff was pretty good quality. This B3 is evidence of that. Most of the repro B3's cheat on the collars. They make them smaller than originals. The original B3 collar when lying flat would reach all the way to the edge of the shoulder. Repro's only about half that far. To me that really looks funky. However this Averix as you can see has a great collar. It is much larger than the collars they produce today. Very few companies make a good quality B3. I'm very pleased with the quality of this Averix B3. If you're looking for a super B3 I believe Eastman makes the best, or at least one of the best. Superior quality. Today I received an original B3 purchased off this forum. It is shown in the rest of the photos. I bought it from Ron Doyler who always sells nice things. This B3 is patched and also has the name tag and the nomenclature tag. I have been looking for one like this for years and always get beat out when bidding. Ron made me a good deal and I couldn't turn him down....thanks Ron. At any rate I wanted to show you my small collection of aviation B3's.

Thanks.

Ronnie

post-7752-0-37962600-1501915952.jpg

post-7752-0-08648700-1501915975.jpg

post-7752-0-43498400-1501915984.jpg

post-7752-0-07513500-1501915998.jpg

No Der Finn I'm the knock off! Or at least my brain has been knocked off. Thanks for the correction.

Ronnie

• 2 months later...

Great pics! I love B-3s and agree Eastman makes one of the best looking, most authentic B-3 on the market. The $1200 they sell theirs for is way more than I can afford anytime soon!

Love that ATC-badged B3! And that one looks to be in great shape! They usually seem to be pretty crusty and rough.

Ron is a great guy, btw. Glad you could pick it up from him.