A Vietnam War era USCGC Point Lomas patch

Patchcollector

Patchcollector

Happy Friday all,
Here from my collection is an incountry made Coast Guard patch for the Coast Guard Cutter Point Lomas.The Coast Guard was very active during the war and saw a lot of combat.

This piece features a Vulture perched atop a cow skull with the words "Patience Hell,Vietnam 68-69,and CGC Pt Lomas" upon it.

Vietnam War "Coastie" pieces are tough to find,and this one pushes all the right buttons;it's inscribed with the place;Vietnam,date;1968-69,and has the cool motto with the Vulture.

post-13386-0-70926400-1501866796_thumb.jpg

Patchcollector

What a great patch! Tough to find I bet.

Thanks ekclete,I'm glad that you like it!

It is a large patch,and yes,the Vietnam War era incountry made Coast Guard pieces are not easy to find.

• 6 months later...

I am new to the forum so I just noticed your Point Lomas patch. It is a great patch! Original Coast Guard Vietnam patches are very difficult to find and patches from the patrol boats are the hardest. There were only 11 guys on board each boat so the number of patches made was very small. I have been collecting CG Vietnam patches for over 40 years and my collection is fairly small. You are lucky to have such a nice patch.

Patchcollector

I am new to the forum so I just noticed your Point Lomas patch. It is a great patch! Original Coast Guard Vietnam patches are very difficult to find and patches from the patrol boats are the hardest. There were only 11 guys on board each boat so the number of patches made was very small. I have been collecting CG Vietnam patches for over 40 years and my collection is fairly small. You are lucky to have such a nice patch.

Thanks.Glad that you Like it.I agree,the Vietnam Coast Guard stuff is not easy to locate,especially the incountry made pieces.Like you,my CG Vietnam collection is small.