WW2 USMC BAR belt at last!

MCDUFF

I was quite pleased to find this parts pouch to go with the belt! It must have been USMC rigger modified, having used the belt hanger part from a USMC Bolo sheath!

post-20528-0-78934500-1505391920_thumb.jpgpost-20528-0-46525100-1505391936_thumb.jpg

Nice belt Graham. First time I have seen a USMC marked. Soo I guess you will wait another many many years to find second part of it... :(

good luck,

Jerry

Graham, that's a perfect find; that nape on the rear looks like it might have been taken from a K-Bar or Bolo Scabbard.

Judging from photos and surviving examples, it seems that a lot of these Parts Pouches were modified for Belt mounting.

Below is mine- not as pretty as yours. You can just make out the guy's name stencil "MCCARTY".

post-3226-0-88985100-1506207508_thumb.jpg

Nice belt Graham. First time I have seen a USMC marked. Soo I guess you will wait another many many years to find second part of it... :(

good luck,

Jerry

Jerry, it can be very frustrating! I think the best thing to do is not to wish or search, and maybe one day it will appear.....!! I will be too old to appreciate the second half!! Cheers Graham