Can you ID this vehicle bag?

subsystem4

My girlfriends father picks up anything that looks military at a local flea market for me. He gave me this yesterday. Any ideas on what its for and from what era?

post-2035-1225153179.jpg

post-2035-1225153192.jpg

marked "CASE,MAINTENANCE & OPERATIONS MANUALS 7520 559 9618 GS DOS 83184"

I to be CPT obvious, but it is a case usually attached to the back of a seat in a vehicle for the operators manual, technical manuals, lube orders, dispatch folder etc. I do not see them much any more and I can't specify which type of vehicle this particular case is for. Hope this helps a bit.

Don't know the exact age on that one, but I saw those on power units back in the 90's.. Seems I saw them on something else too, but don't remember what. They were for the manual and maintenance records for different pieces of equiptment. I saw them safety wired through the holes on the side as well as bolted to things.. I have a variation of this with clips on the back.

Fins.

HA!! CUCV's and duece and a half's!! Thanks Patch.. I remember now.

Don't know the exact age on that one, but I saw those on power units back in the 90's.. Seems I saw them on something else too, but don't remember what. They were for the manual and maintenance records for different pieces of equiptment. I saw them safety wired through the holes on the side as well as bolted to things.. I have a variation of this with clips on the back.

Fins.

HA!! CUCV's and duece and a half's!! Thanks Patch.. I remember now.

Yup! Had one of those in my CUCV back in '87...