TRANSIENT ALERT JACKET PATCHES

firefighter

I used to work TA, best assignment I ever had. Was qualified on over 30 different airframes from NATO countries, everything from F-100s to F-18s. But, at Bitburg we never had the back patch. We did have fancy blue fatigues and did a lot of airshows throughout Europe. Good times...

Randy

post-8832-0-60296500-1501817575.jpg

firefighter

Hamilton AFB, California. Many other TA back patches were similar to this one.

Randy

Great pic and patch

I saw your post in one of the Navy threads.I too wish others would add to these.I thought AF patches were collectible. LoL!! I guess there are more Navy collectors.

FF: Yeah you would think! I know they are out there, just not on this board. We do have a USAF only one run by some guys in the Netherlands.

SS: The Navy is great (especially their patches). But, I just couldn't be on one of those subs that surface every 4 years so the crew can re-enlist... :lol:

Randy

firefighter

LoL!!! I remember those, I think Istill have some from the 70's. I agree with Randy, No way I could be stuck under water for months at a time.

Steindaddie

Heck, I'll throw in a few I've picked up over the years. The Transient Alert (TA) guys at Taegu simply wore a giant 460th Tac Recon Group patch on the back of their shirts. (I've added the standard patch for comparison) The Seymour Johnson (4th TFW) TA of the 1980s opted for a simple patch with the wing's motto.

post-1949-0-79027300-1502169761_thumb.jpg

post-1949-0-11622000-1502169775_thumb.jpg

Nice ones Bill. Anything from the 460th is tough since they were not around long. I don't know that I'd want a huge wing patch on my back though...

Randy