US ww2 Shoes British made ? Need Help

toutfou

There are NO official british-made for US shoes, as per Ben Major's book. But maybe, yours are the holy grail :D

thank you Bobbel,

In its general form, do these shoes match with the US model?
I tought it was british shoes, but this is not ... so much difference..

any advise is welcome

Seb

These are a pair of ammunition boots. They were the standard pattern worn by British forces in World War II and after. These boots had a reputation for being very uncomfortable. I have heard many times from veterans in North Africa and elsewhere that the British soldiers would try to trade the Americans for their footwear. When the trades were made, the US soldier would soon figure out that he had gotten the short end of the stick.

These boots normally have hobnails tacked into the soles and horseshoe plates on the heels.. It is rather obvious that they have been worn for some time without the hobs or horseshoes in place. Perhaps they were resoled or the previous owner just didn't want to have to deal with the metal appendages. Soldiers working in offices would remove the hobs so as to not tear up the floors etc.

While it is possible that these ammunition boots were supplied to US Marines, I would think that it would be rather difficult for them to conclusively be linked to a marine unless there was some provenance.

Allan