captaxe

Question for Dealers-WWII unit histories consignment

I hope I'm not breaking any forum rules with this inquiry, and that it is in the right section

About 10 years ago I purchased, on consignment from (I believe) a dealer in the Midwest (Kansas City?) about 30-40 WWII unit histories (various Divisional, Regimental, and Battalion studies) that were part of a large collection they were selling on consignment.

All hat I bought were ETO focused (covering infantry, armored, cavalry and artillery) and were added to my existing collection. For the life of me I can't remember who the dealer was. If anyone might recall please let me know.

Regardless, a change interests has led me to seek to sell my collection of WWII books. What I am seeking to sell is approximately 150-200 original unit histories, battalion studies, regimental and division histories, all with a heavy emphasis on the ETO. I have several one-of-a kind volumes that I have never seen duplicates of as well. All of the books I am talking about are pre-1955 published (no reprints) and are first editions, mostly in very good or better condition.

I do not want to take the time to sell them individually myself (and am not really keen on a "cents on the dollar" offer for the whole collection) so my question to the dealer community is-- is there anyone who has an interest in selling this collection on consignment?

I have not yet cataloged it, but will of course if there is interest. Thank you. Greg

donation2008.gif

donation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

Do you by any chance happen to have unit histories of the 26th Infantry Division and or units of this Division?

If so and you'd be interested in selling them seperatly, I could be interested.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"When you initially attacked for seven days and nights without halting for rest, you met and defeated twice your own number. Your advance required the enemy to turn fresh divisions against you, and you in turn hacked them to pieces as you ruthlessly cut your way deep into the flank of the "bulge". Your feats of daring and endurance in the sub-freezing weather and snow-clad mountains and gorges of Luxembourg are legion; your contribution to the relief of Bastogne was immeasurable. It was particularly fitting that the elimination of the "bulge" should find the Yankee Division seizing and holding firmly on the same line held by our own forces prior to the breakthrough. I am proud of this feat by you as well as those you performed earlier. We shall advance on Berlin together." -- Major General Willard S. Paul, commanding general of the 26th Infantry "Yankee Division on February 1, 1945

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Collector and "amateur" historian/researcher of the US 26th Infantry "Yankee" Division from 1939 - 1945. Always looking for ID'ed or non-ID'ed 26th Infantry Division items!

My personal website about the 26th Infantry Division:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.