USMC M1967 gear

Keystone

Hello Sir,

Very nice set-up, I am jealous. I just started my USMC M1967 gear collection (so far was able to locate just a pack) and find it very hard to find.

Martin

PM me and tell me what you need, I have extra m67 gear stashed away.

T-Bone

The only nylon grenade pouch I am aware of is the M26 and I think that saw limited use.

post-5-1237228136.jpg

post-5-1237228142.jpg

looks as a matching carrier to the M67 set

Hello guys.

I was looking through the U.S. Marines in Vietnam series of books here at my library and found one person with the EGA on the pocket of his ERDL fatigues.

I will check more throughly later. The photos come from the Vol The war that would not end 1971-1973

Published in 1991

post-2506-1237261926.jpg

page 108

the General with the EGA is Brig Gen Edward J Miller Commanding Gen of 9th Marine Amphibious Brigade and he is on the far right in the photo. You can just make out the Ega on his left pocket.

post-2506-1237261931.jpg

page189

The same general is on the far right in this photo as well. This is 1972 time frame so at least one General has the EGA.

More common is the marine name tape on ERDL's Like on this group of Marines.

post-2506-1237261944.jpg

page 134

I will search the books better when I get time. Looks to me like it is far more uncommon during Viet Nam. I only saw one instance of the standard Jungle uniform with it on the pocket as well.

I searched in the books starting in 1968 to 75.

Hope it helps a little

Allen

I just discussed this with a dealer and former Nam marine the other day. YES, there were both ERDL and green jungle jackets marked with the jarhead logo. BUT.. the EGA should be below the USMC on the pocket, not on the flap.. He showed me 3 of his jungles so marked..It was not a common practice, but it was done..

Fins.

Mercenary25

I have my own M1967 set with USMC combat pack. I wanted to display it but however, I've never seen any reference, not even one of Marines in Vietnam used this equipment. They used M1961 with M1941 suspenders or M1956 stuff for Recon during late war. So I'm not sure if I should display it or not.

vietnammarine

I have a picture of Force Recon officer (A.Lee) and as far as I can judge, he has at least two M1967 mag pouches and harness. Nevertheless, pack and other parts I didn´t see so far on Marines in Nam, just on Colombian Marines.

M.

• 2 years later...

Hi Keystone
Congratuations. They are really hard to find the whols set.
I have been looking for M67 USMC load carry system items for a few years. The most hard to find is the suspender.
recently I got it. :)

post-2-0-36882700-1452283942.jpg

post-2-0-94600200-1452283940.jpg

post-2-0-40248300-1452283939.jpg

Hmmm, nice. Congratulation Sir. Especially on the shape of all the parts.

I found the picture I have mentioned in e-form too, so let´s share it:

post-2-0-87134600-1452284018.jpg

As far as I can distinguish, I can see two USMC M1967 ammo pouches (under right arm and on the left side) and one US Army´s M67 pouch.

Hi Keystone

Congratuations. They are really hard to find the whols set.

I have been looking for M67 USMC load carry system items for a few years. The most hard to find is the suspender.

recently I got it. :)

USMC1967webbingsjpg_.jpg

USMCm1967PACKSUSPENDER3_.jpg

USMCM1967suspender_11.jpg

Very nice! Congratulations. It is very difficult to find all the pieces.

Tim

Where on earth did you get these?

I knew they existed, but I didn't think they made it much farther than the experimental phase and then never really into the hands of Marines.

Great buy!