Be on the lookout! Stolen flight log book of John H. Roach

MAW

I am asking the forum community to be on the lookout for a Navy flight log book that belonged to John H. Roach. He was a radioman/gunner in a torpedo plane in VT-19, flying from the USS Lexington during WWII.

I purchased his group via absentee bid at his estate auction, but during the auction, someone stole the flight log.

I have a picture of it which I will post...it has tape on the spine, and had a selection of foreign currency in it at the time.

A police report was filed. The auction was in Norristown, PA, outside of Philadelphia.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Government Issue

Do you still have a photo of it? Posting it may help someone out there track it down and identify it.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Do you still have a photo of it? Posting it may help someone out there track it down and identify it.

Second it, A picture of it would greatly increase your chances of recovery. Ever wonder why the FBI most wanted list is so effective?

Well....it’s a standard brown covered “Aviators Flight Log Book”.....like dozens of others available at any given time.

It has a taped spine from heavy use, like many do.

The unique qualities are....that it is named to him and filled out with his information.....and that it Was Stolen....repeat, stolen.....and a police report filed.

i have a pic on my phone that is too big and seemingly impossible to share.

I have that problem a lot also, if you email pictures to yourself that is one way that I have found to compress them. Unfortunatly they look kind of crappy afterwards and you lose some quality and size, but at least you could post it.

I have an ap on my phone that downsizes pictures.

It’s free.

Whats the name of the app if you don't mind sharing? that could really come in handy.

To get the image to post, Just send the image to your PC. Open it with PAINT and select "RESIZE" and change the 100% to 50% and change the size of the image.You should be able to post it here.

I know I have to change the size of my images all the time for this site.

Semper Fi

Phil

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

After over five years, a picture would really be handy.  Not all of us are familiar with what this kind of log book looks like (it doesn’t sound like any I have), and so a pic would really help.