Great patch collection at a Pennsylvania Travel Plaza

GUDMAR1975

There's an extensive display of military patches in an unlikely location. It is neither a museum, battlefield nor momument, but a travel plaza at the Beezewood Exit off the Pennsylvania Turnpike.

A plaque in the hallway tells the story. (Pardon my poor photo). There are some errors in spelling and historiography, but they don't detract from enjoying the display.

If you are interested in militaria and are near Breezewood, it is well worth the stop.Posted ImagePosted Image

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

That's pretty cool. Next time I'm traveling the PA Turnpike in the middle of nowhere, I'll check it out.

Thanks for posting.

WarrantMafia

That is really nice - and a really special tribute to Veterans and the owners of this Inn.

Yes, it's indoors just like the person above said. In a hallway leading to the restrooms. Been there many times on my way to the MAX & the Baltimore show.

Yeah, that collection has been posted before several times on the forum over the years. I have been there twice traveling through. A very nice collection indeed! It is great to see it still around although I worry about the long term effects of the lighting on the patches.

-Ski