Walt Disney Patches

dramos

Hello all,

A friend of mine has two of these and has asked me to find out if they are real or not. I've never seen or held a Disney patch before, so any help would be appreciated.

-Doug

post-159366-0-87540300-1501337214_thumb.jpg

I am going to vote that these are real.

The Disney signature and copyright are visible at the bottom of the design. I can't imagine why someone would put that there.

The design is the work of a trained artist. However, the design is a bit more graphic than most Disney designs, and certainly represents the hostility of the times.

Thank you! What I did like was the wear to each of them. The fact that the wear is different on each makes me feel good. But of coarse, that can be artificially accomplished.

I like them, Very nice patches....and politically correct too! for the time....

Thank you! He will be happy to hear the good news.

The image was definitely created at the Disney studio during the war . I can't comment on the authenticity of the actual patch, but the design was created by legendary Disney artist Hank Porter who created 80% or more of the 1,200 insignia created at the studio during WW II. I'm at work right now with no access to my database but I will post the design's creation date later tonight. Only a very small number of the designs that came from Disney's referenced the enemy in any manner so the image is rare in that sense.