Where to buy militaria

Hello guys,

My militaria collecting friend goes to the USA in the period of 15/29 September. He will travel thru the following states, California, Nevada and Arizona. Are there any Shops you guys recommend ? Or are there any meetings or shows in that period ?

Thanks,

Peter.

in Arizona try Militaryitems.com which is at 5623 W Glendale ave in Glendale Arizona. packed floor to ceiling with WW1 to Vietnam items.

There's a big military vehicle swap meet in California the 21st through the 23rd of September near Lodi. I'll have a space there with a ton of WW1 and WW2 gear for sale.

in Arizona try Militaryitems.com which is at 5623 W Glendale ave in Glendale Arizona. packed floor to ceiling with WW1 to Vietnam items.

Dang... I was just out there last December. I had no idea that was out there... I was having dinner at the German restaurant near the comic book shop. I was probably within a stones throw of the place.

Dang... I was just out there last December. I had no idea that was out there... I was having dinner at the German restaurant near the comic book shop. I was probably within a stones throw of the place.

if you mean haus Murphy's then yeah, quite literally. not even a 2 minute walk

if you mean haus Murphy's then yeah, quite literally. not even a 2 minute walk

Yep... that is the one... not far from the town square. They had about a million holiday lights up on the trees, lamp poles and buildings as I recall.

I will have to look for the shop when i get out there.

Yep... that is the one... not far from the town square. They had about a million holiday lights up on the trees, lamp poles and buildings as I recall.

I will have to look for the shop when i get out there.

ah right, Glendale Glitters. Happens every year in Historic Glendale (that area). also, lots of antique shops in the area, one of which has a area in the back of the store packed with uniforms! You can spend hours (and I have) going from one antique shop to the next and still not see them all in a day...

ah right, Glendale Glitters. Happens every year in Historic Glendale (that area). also, lots of antique shops in the area, one of which has a area in the back of the store packed with uniforms! You can spend hours (and I have) going from one antique shop to the next and still not see them all in a day...

I will come back... when the temperatures get substantially cooler!

P-40Warhawk

I wish I had known that. I went through a couple of thrift places (thinking that given the large retired population, there would be some uniforms), and didn't find a single one.

I wish I had known that. I went through a couple of thrift places (thinking that given the large retired population, there would be some uniforms), and didn't find a single one.

I honestly cant remember which one it is cause there is so many...

by the way the military items store has weird hours so I'd check their times before heading down

Retirement communities can be the worst: people tend to get rid of a lot before they move into them. You may find a small box with an Ike jacket, but no multiple foot locker finds.

If someone's going to be in California, check out, as mentioned the vintage productions ad: they produce a monthly militaria show and sell from their warehouse by appointment: if you're looking for unique, often one-of-a-kind and lots of it, it's the place to see.

I am also in So Cal and sell to a few locals by appointment and stuff usually goes as fast as it comes in, but if you're in the area and looking for something specific, let me know and you may get lucky and i have it. I drive over 400 miles a week buying in southwest California and there's always something interesting coming in (except for the days when nothing comes in after hours on the road) .

Gentlemen Thank you very much for the input, I just love this forum :excl:

Robin, the Lodi swap meet is high on the agenda, I shall instruct my buddy to give you a firm handshake... ( and off course to go through your merchandise B) )

Bob, Thanks for the offer, I will ask what he has on his " wish list " and maybe you two can do some business.