SF cammo jkt

green hell

Hi all -

Recently added this custom camouflaged jacket to my burgeoning VN SF collection. Extra pockets sewn on the sleeves and spray painted 'cammo'. Is there a way for me to date this from the tags? There are no names, laundry marks or other markings anywhere on it. Never had name tape, shoulder patches or any rank indicators, as fading is uniform and no sewing holes. The collar tag says "Medium-Regular, Chest 37 to 41 inches, Height 67 to 71 inches, then 8405-935-4708". There is another tag on the inside of the jacket, sewn to the lower right pocket with washing instructions which also says "DSA 100-69-C-1161 MACSHORE CLASSICS, INC". Thoughts?

post-133053-0-55140600-1500999006.jpg

post-133053-0-84706500-1500999031.jpg

Patchcollector

I think 1969 may be the date but I'm not well versed with the tag numbers so let's see what the others say.

69 is the contract date .

Nice looking hand camo jacket but always hard to say when done unless there is some history on it.

Seen several for re-enactors too over the years.

I got this from a friend who bought it in a goodwill store in the late 70's. Guess there's always the possibility that it could be a repro, but I doubt it. It would have been nice to have found a name ....

As far as I am aware the ones that were used 'across the fence' in South East Asia were often completely sterile, so would have had all labels removed from the inside.