"It's Party Time!" - small dio in a shoe box

Proud Kraut

Proud Kraut

Summer holidays! We just returned home from the tirolean alps where we spent a fantastics time. When visiting one of the countless castles I have had the idea for this small dio. It's the old friend & foe theme and we are talking about a party, well a kind of... So one more week off and high time for another modeling project.

U-4.jpg

Proud Kraut

In addition we need circular stairs. I have build these with the remains of a sponge rubber trowel (term?).

P-0.jpg

Proud Kraut

Ach ja, the walls. I have used different paper stone walls that I found in a model railroad shop.

P-5.jpg

Proud Kraut

Here are our actors: It's a MasterBox 1/35 figure set of three 101st Airborne Division soldiers:

Ptr.jpg

Proud Kraut

...meanwhile the party in the "dark side" of the cellar is going on.. ;) That's it for today, thanks for looking!

P-8.jpg

The Meatcan

Lars, you are off to a good start. Very imaginative. And I love your scenic photo of your Alpine vacation - stunningly beautiful!

Terry

Lars

Beautiful country side there in the Alps.Hope to visit some day

What an amazing model you are making.Such skill and imagination.The stairs and stone work are off the charts.

Cant wait to see its progess.

Ha, I was actually looking for signs of a shoe box in the first picture ;)

Great work!! I like a lot the concept. It's hard enough on a flat surface, but in box, I can just about imagine ;)

Very nice, keep up the good work and thanks for sharing!!

Kind regards

JEB

Great idea and great job Lars. I like the shoebox diorama look. So far it's a great piece of work.

I'm looking forward to the finished product. BTW that was an awesome photo of the Alps in summer.

I hope you had a great time on vacation. Welcome back.

Semper Fi.

Manny

Proud Kraut

Thank you all so much for your kind words! Your positive feedback is highly appreciated. I will post the progress within the next two days.

Proud Kraut

It's my last day off and and I thought it would be high time to finish this little project today. Okay, here's the German party squad:

01_a.jpg

01_b.jpg

01_b_s.jpg

Proud Kraut

With a little help from The Chainsmokers & Coldplay I finished the U.S. figures today as well. (This is our anual family's holiday song;-)

So meanwhile on the stairway...

02_a.jpg

02_b.jpg

02_d.jpg

02_d-s.jpg

Proud Kraut

There's some more minor paintwork to do, some more details are to add etc.(the cellar is still too clean btw.) but I think I NEARLY completed it in time. Thank you all for looking and, if you are still looking forward to it, have a nice summer holiday!

04_a.jpg

04_b.jpg

Haaaaa, this is just proper work!!

Congratulations, and thanks for sharing. I really enjoyed following your progress!!

Astonishing

Regards

JEB