Interviews with veterans

lduncan

I am a history teacher and since 1994 I have been working with students as well as on my own to do interviews with veterans. I have been on hundreds of interviews. In every interview I learn something new. Sitting down with a veteran and talking with him/her about his/her military experiences is like reading a good history book. In 1995 I edited a book of interviews done by students across the state of South Carolina. The book was published in 1995. The title is South Carolina Remembers World War II. It includes interviews with men and women who served overseas as well as on the homefront. One of the interviews was with Doolittle Raider Horace Crouch. I would like to know if anyone is aware of any other privately published books of oral history interviews with veterans that might be available?

Park Tudor school here in Indiana have published three books of interviews that its students have conducted. You can google PArk Tudor and see what comes up and I will see if I can find the titles for you.