Any Martin Baker H7 ejection seat owners here?

Duke113p

Looking for help with my MB H7 ejection seat. I want to put it back as it appeared waiting for the pilot to strap in.

Anyone out there own one as well? I am having a heck of a time trying to find a parts manual for this as well. Any help is appreciated.post-53887-0-66554000-1500650609_thumb.jpg

Do you know if it's a USAF seat or a Naval seat? Is it a front seat or a back seat? This makes a difference in the survival pack, bailout bottle or preconnect O2 rig, shoulder parachute fasteners and some of the initiators.

IH

The Navy seat pack and cushion are different in that the cushion has a hole under one thigh so the round window in the hard kit can be viewed. The navy kit contained the emergency O2 bottle. There is also a connection at rear of the pack for the PEC, the hook up for the pilot to the oxygen system in both the aircraft and seat pack. The parachute risers have the fasteners, called Koch fittings, reversed from the USAF risers and the Navy risers have a device called SEWARS which are devices that separated the risers from the body harness if they come into contact with the water. This made sure that a disabled pilot would not be pulled down by the parachute if landing in the water. There are some initiator difference on rear seat. They delayed the front seat from firing until the rear seat had fired. The initiators could also be set to eject both seat in case one or the other of the pilots was disabled. Those are are some of the obvious eyeball items.

IH

There is a company on the Eastern shore of Maryland called Flighthelmet.com. He buys and sells all kinds of seat parts. He bought all three of the seat I had when I didn't want them any more. They have a website with the same name as the company.

IH

phantomfixer

When you git the seat completed, I know where there is a USN F4 aft canopy just baking in the sun....on the East coast...Mid Delaware

and g luck with the seat.. keep posting the progress

If you want it complete and ready for the pilot, undo all the safety pins except the face shield pin...leave that one pinned for the pilot/WSO to remove

• 6 months later...

After years of collecting, I finally joined the Forum with the encouragement of a friend. I have a complete Air Force H-7. Your seat looks a lot more complete than a lot I have seen. You had a very good starting point. How is the restoration coming, and what parts are you still looking for?