1st ESB marked M1 helmet Liner with Fixed bail shell

WWII_GI

After looking it over once more I found a name! I can't believe I missed it the first time but it only shows up in certain lighting.

Looks like,

215 9573

Cartina?

post-104606-0-18283300-1500660628_thumb.jpg

-Steven

Thanks everyone! This is the best picture I could get of the name, I just cant make it out! Any ideas on what it says? I tried searching the ASN in the enlistment records and had no luck, it's only 7 digits? ASN's are supposed to be 8 right?

-Steven

post-104606-0-72019400-1500691108_thumb.jpg

Steve,

I try looking on the US Army enlisted website last night for the laundry number C9573. Then I looked at the results for the numbers 215 in it. There were a couple close to it. Might want to look for yourself, maybe you will see something I didnt.

Steve,

I try looking on the US Army enlisted website last night for the laundry number C9573. Then I looked at the results for the numbers 215 in it. There were a couple close to it. Might want to look for yourself, maybe you will see something I didnt.

I tried but couldn't find any that matched this one sure is tough, thanks for the help!

-Steven

Okay so I found another name on the the other side of the sweatband... Looks like a different guy though, this one is very hard to read, only seen under certain light. I believe it reads W. T. Cooke Jr.

Here's the best picture I could get

post-104606-0-91664700-1500743627_thumb.jpgpost-104606-0-96901200-1500743629_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Nice find.Why do some ESB helmets have a white arc,some with blue arc,and some with white arc plus insignia of the special brigade underneath?