Fred Krines NYPD, USN and USAR.

patches

Just now heard about an old buddy from the neighborhood that passed. Haven't seen him in about 8 years, as that's how it goes sometimes, but he was an old friend. Fred, or as I and our other friends who knew him well.... Freddy, served a 4 year enlistment in the Navy in the early 80s, was an Airedale, a Green Shirt Cat Man USS America. After this he got out an joined the Army Reserve, spent years in the Reserve/National Guard, pretty sure he did close to 20 if not 20, believe he was a MP with the Long Island based 800th MP Bde for a spell and then transferred over to the National Guard, the 42nd Inf Div out of Manhattan and was in the 1st Gulf War, and he may have been in Iraq for bit as well.

post-34986-0-40433400-1500571225.jpg

In the meantime, in the very early 90s he became a New York City Cop, and worked Transit, I used to run into him a few times in the subway as patrolled the line out of the neighborhood into Manhattan. I heard a couple of years ago that he was getting sick because of him being down and working at the World Trade Center after 9/11, now know that he became terminally ill and had to retire early then, I guess before his planned time he wanted, and also that he figured in the Zadroga Bill.

https://twitter.com/hashtag/nypdtransit?src=hash

Freddy in the Army, a Cpl, uncertain of date, would need aid of other members on the Desert BDU, did the 42nd Div elmts go in in the Desert Storm? or would this be later in the 2000s?

post-34986-0-97411700-1501125496_thumb.jpg