Lewisburg, WV

I'm going to be headed south to the area around Lewisburg, WV the weekend of August 5th. I'm headed down to pick up some large things from a friend to save on shipping, and I figured it would be a nice chance to see the area. If there are any interesting antique shops or gun shops in the area, let me know!

Alternately, if there is anything else noteworthy feel free to make a suggestion. I'll probably be camping/hiking when I'm not looking for old stuff; looks like there are a few nice parks in the area.

everforward

Well, the area of WV you will be in is more related to the 'sportsman's paradise' kind of vibe-- although Lewisburg will be your best bet as far as finding anything at all, right in the town....mainly boutique shops. you'd have to drive to at least Beckley or further to find any antique shops I think. Near Lewisburg is where the WV State Fair takes place (in Fairlea, next town over...) Check to see when that goes on.

There are many nice parks in the area...not too far up the road is the Pipestem State Park near Hinton, WV. They have a lodge and stuff to do, it is pretty nice. Along the way to Pipestem is the Bluestone Dam and reservoir. Big and impressive dam.

Thanks! I may well just spend my time relaxing and enjoying the outdoors, but it is nice to know if it is worth driving around looking for cool stuff. I've only ever driven though the area, so I'm looking forward to spending some time there.

Downtown Hinton has some antique/ thrift shops to check out. Be sure to ride over to Sandstone Falls just outside of Hinton WV