Is this one good to go from the looks? White Tongue 101st

Bocage

Hi, what do you think of this greenback 101st AB white tongue with tab? Looks good to me. Any considerations? Best wishes and thanks to you all! Here's a link to my Evernote note with the pictures, as I have no other way of sharing them at this time :-/

In my patch collection I mainly focus on World War Two to early post-WW2 Divisional Shoulder Sleeve Insignia | Always buying 94th Infantry Division WW2 items, books, photos, patches and post-WW2 veteran's reunion items. | Selling and/or trading my german militaria collection | All pictures are taken by me and objects shown are part of my collection, unless stated otherwise | It's okay to use the pictures for non-commercial purposes (eg. study, reference, etc.) | 94th Infantry Division Historical Society Lifetime Member | 29th Infantry Division Historical Society Member | ASMIC Member | Join ASMIC today via: https://www.asmic.org/join.aspx Make sure to like 94th Infantry Division Books on Facebook

All the best!

Bocage

The patch is original WWII. The tab is also original, but it appears to have been removed from another patch.

Allan

Never under-estimate the power of prayer.

donation2007.gif

Hi, thanks for you replies. First I am sorry I did not post through the forum message system - and thanks for posting the images @tarbridge​. I used No_outside_hosting before but that does not work anymore. Thought a link was allowed, too. I am sorry an will keep this in mind for the future.

Thanks for giving your opinion @Allan​. I appreciate your expertise on this matter. I am trying to distinguish the good from the 'bad and the ugly' ;-) Judging from the picture alone, I noticed that the back weave in the patch was different from the tab. Besides, the tab is a fraction wider, it seems... So I agree with you patch and tab were not produced together. The patch is a little worn around the tongue and the beak. It's not as crisp as some others are. But the back has this nice thick back thread that one sees on WW2 SSI. The lettering in the AIRBORNE tab looked a bit clumsy and made me doubt, but from the looks, the tab was fine also. Besides looks, there's the feel etc.

@firefighter:​ yeah this is a patch that was listed on eBay. What do you think?

Thanks all for you comments.

In my patch collection I mainly focus on World War Two to early post-WW2 Divisional Shoulder Sleeve Insignia | Always buying 94th Infantry Division WW2 items, books, photos, patches and post-WW2 veteran's reunion items. | Selling and/or trading my german militaria collection | All pictures are taken by me and objects shown are part of my collection, unless stated otherwise | It's okay to use the pictures for non-commercial purposes (eg. study, reference, etc.) | 94th Infantry Division Historical Society Lifetime Member | 29th Infantry Division Historical Society Member | ASMIC Member | Join ASMIC today via: https://www.asmic.org/join.aspx Make sure to like 94th Infantry Division Books on Facebook

All the best!

Bocage

firefighter

I agree with the others, it looks good. I don't remember what they were asking but they normally are a $200+ patch.

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gif

911flag.jpg

ASMIC #1098