Expert Marksmanship Badge, Bronze, ID Anyone?

100thOVI

Picked up this morning at the local flea. Well made, hall marked reverse "bronze" Well made pin device. Appreciate any help.

post-161300-0-60032000-1500249091.jpg post-161300-0-22010500-1500249107_thumb.jpg

Hello

It has a Tiffany style fastener.

The hallmark lookes like it has two rows.

Could you post a close up of the hallmark ?

Michael

Hello

The manufacturer was

WALLACE BISHOP BRISBANE Australia

There was a good site at "www.wartimecollectables.com" with identidying hallmarks but I couldn't find it anymore.

Michael

thanks for that help Michael. Has to more of them out there somewhere, too well made for a single production. Will start searching UK for a lead.

D/C

Did a little web searching and believe I found the web site you mentioned. Excellent source by the way. http://www.wartimecollectables.com/hallmarks-of-us-badges---insignia.html Going through the images I found the hallmark appears to be W. C. Link, noted for WWI era insignia. Most examples found are Aviator wings in sterling. Thanks for the leads.

D/C

Sorry for the wrong identification of the manufacterer. I read the description under the picture and the right was over the picture.

But you found the correct one.

As I have read for the regular Army the shooting badges were silver and for National Guard gold color. I also thought it should be a Volunteer Militia but can't find any information.

Thanks for the input....got me on the right track. Since it came out of Vermont, I forwarded pics up to the Vt. National Guard Museum to see if they can offer any insight. During CW Vermont had belt buckles VVM. Just not sure that the "Militia" was a formal designation used by the state beyond that time period. 1st Vt was active for sure. We'll see what the Camp Johnson curator & volunteers have to say.