firefighter

firefighter

I hope others will add to these threads

3rd TFW Clark Air Base, Republic of the Philippines

3rd TFS Pegus

90th TFS Pair-O-Dice

Tail code PN Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

FF-

Not trying to be picky, just accurate! The 12 TFS is F-15 era. The crossed missiles in the shield replaced the atom used since the late 50s. This was to show the air to air capability of the F-15, vs. the nuclear missions of the past assigned aircraft.

Randy

post-8832-0-43226200-1500311843.jpg

firefighter

FF-

Not trying to be picky, just accurate! The 12 TFS is F-15 era. The crossed missiles in the shield replaced the atom used since the late 50s. This was to show the air to air capability of the F-15, vs. the nuclear missions of the past assigned aircraft.

Randy

I'm glad you pointed that out. I never knew there was a difference with their Sq insignia either. Makes sense since I picked it up outside of OSAN in '85(F-15). Amazing the little things they changed. Thanks.

Just a sad note ref Firefighter Osan buy. I was on a 12 hour layover at Osan and hit all the insignia shops. Got about 4 hrs sleep (?) and then out of there. Bought about 50 plus patches. Got to ANC hotel and guess what. The bag of patches not there. Left in hotel outside Osan.Had an Ops guy call them but of course no bag found! Damn!!!!! That was in about 1988-90 I think.

firefighter

Just a sad note ref Firefighter Osan buy. I was on a 12 hour layover at Osan and hit all the insignia shops. Got about 4 hrs sleep (?) and then out of there. Bought about 50 plus patches. Got to ANC hotel and guess what. The bag of patches not there. Left in hotel outside Osan.Had an Ops guy call them but of course no bag found! Damn!!!!! That was in about 1988-90 I think.

Oh Man. That sounds like my luck.

Very nice Phantom patches!

Here are some of mine. These are in a frame hanging on the wall of my "war room" with some other patches so sorry they look like this but I hope you get the idea!

-Derek

post-5482-0-05637400-1500464071_thumb.jpg

One from the post Gulf war when the F-4 was on her last legs. This one is from the 3552 TFS/FS. It was a combined unit of F-4Gs from the 35 TFW and 52 TFW. Based at Dhahran AB, Saudi Arabia, the unit was around less than a year mid 1991 to early 1992. This is the color machine made version, made in-country. Full desert and handmade ones exist as well. Be careful, it has also been heavily reproduced. VSF= Very Severely (Screwed).

post-8832-0-87392900-1500681768.jpg