A-10 UNIT'S USAF & ANG

firefighter

firefighter

I would like to try what they have in the NAVY section. But instead of ships, obviously, I would like to do aircraft types.

I will start with the 23rd TFW, my first duty station. The 23rd was at England AFB, LA. The patches shown are the 1dt time the 23rd has had its original three squadrons since WW2.

23rd TFW 'FLYING TIGERS'

GENTLE PAWS, SHARP CLAWS

74th TFS 'FLYING TIGERS'

75th TFS 'TIGER SHARKS'

76th TFS. 'VANGUARDS'

Tail code EL

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

firefighter

Nice ones. That's a 23rd Gaggle I have never seen before. I like the "BREAKS THINGS" on your 25th TFS patch.

firefighter

Randy that is a great looking patch. EAFB?

Generic A-10 shield. They also came in yellow and i have no idea where mine is.Posted Image

FF-

Your 25 TFS is Kadena era. The F-4 version has the dragon equipped with 4 AIM-7 missiles. The A-10 one has a gun and 2 Mavericks. This one is US made, which was odd with all the patch shops there but they probably wanted better quality.

Randy

post-8832-0-01734800-1500311542.jpg

firefighter

FF-

Your 25 TFS is Kadena era. The F-4 version has the dragon equipped with 4 AIM-7 missiles. The A-10 one has a gun and 2 Mavericks. This one is US made, which was odd with all the patch shops there but they probably wanted better quality.

Randy

Thanks Randy. I didn't know they made a different version when the started flying the A-10s. Definitely right about all the patch shops,Wish I had bought up more when I was there.Walls and walls of patches.

Here's my A-10 patch addition to this thread. Both are from the 103rd FS, Pennsylvania ANG. Both are sewn on velcro and came on a flight jacket I bought over 10 years ago.

-Derek

post-5482-0-61886000-1500499072_thumb.jpg

Gaggle patch for the A/OA-10 units assigned to the 354th TFW(P) during the Gulf War. Made right after their return, I picked it up at Myrtle Beach AFB in the summer of 91.

post-8832-0-17858800-1500683049.jpg