Vietnam Bata Boots

doyler

Picked these up years ago from a SF officers group that was said to be scattered to the wind.

These boots made by Bata were popular with the Vietnamese CIDG,MF and have seen them worn in other ARVN units as well.Had a photo once of ARVN Rangers wearing them but cant locate it.

Both pair are a little different.One pair is a size 10 and the other size 7 with the paper size lable still on heel of the boots.

These have the classic Bata marked rubber circle over ankle bone area and the rubber area by the vents.

Thanks for looking and post the one you have.

post-342-0-81446700-1500164483_thumb.jpg

post-342-0-02753800-1500164519_thumb.jpg

post-342-0-52908400-1500164612_thumb.jpg

Brian Keith

Nice! Great photo's. If I would have seen these at a flea market, they might have caught my eye, but I wouldn't have known their use. Thanks for the great info.

BKW

• 6 months later...

I had a pair of BATA jungle boots as a kid, they may have come from my 2nd cousin in law, who was 101st in Vietnam..

American Graffiti

The French have a similar company making them called Palladium, I think they've been around for a long time. I think the ARVN ones were undoubtedly inspired by the French.

AG

• 4 years later...
2 hours ago, USMC_COLLECTOR said:

There is a member who is looking for this boot. He said he was willing to pay good money for them…

not for sale....