WW2 medic bag

Screamingeagles101

Screamingeagles101

Hello, I was hoping someone can tell me about this medic bag. Is it American?

Also, what are the value of these things?

I have a chance to buy it.

Best.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Screamingeagles101

Nope...British......

Thanks, can I have your thoughts on value?

Screamingeagles101

As Doyler says it's Brit.  The tells are the squared buckles and the Broad Arrow mark.

May I have your thoughts on value?

Hello, I checked the value in my copy of Warman's World War II collectables book and I found it valued at $95. There is no picture in the book but the discription is very similar to your picture. However, the book says leather closure straps, but the rest of the description is spot on, so there may be variants of this bag. Also, the version I found it in was printed in 2010 so the value most likely increased a little bit.

Hope this helps,

Jacob

I wouldn't use Warmans as a go to guide...many of the values there are warped and not realistic.Maybe a source for identification but its lacking in many areas.

I wont venture a value but sites that deal in common wealth gear would be more accurate.Not real rare and were plentiful on the market several years ago.

King and Country or What Price Glory come to mind for retail sellers.They have real and repro kit.

What Doyle's said....don't go by Warman's. If you could sell this bag for 95 bucks you would be the greatest salesman around. Don't misunderstand....I like your bag. It just isn't worth much money. All of this is of course my opinion.

Search for british medic bags or shell dressing bags in sold items on ebay. They seam to sell for $30-50 depending on condition and contents.