Waco CG-4A Built by Glider Pilot Veteran

MECHINF-A15

MECHINF-A15

On my first trip to the SILENT WINGS Museum in Terrell, Texas back in the 1980s they had a gift shop with certain items for sale. Books, videos, post cards and so on. They also had wooden models of the CG-4A.

I was told that one of the Glider Pilot veterans made these for the museum so I bought one for $10.00. A couple years during another trip to the museum I wanted to buy one of these models for a friend. None were on display. I asked about them and was told the old veteran that made them had passed away. I think you will have to agree that this gentleman was very talented,

post-169074-0-22141400-1499619670.jpg

That's very cool, and even better knowing it was made by a glider pilot vet! Thanks for sharing!

I have a similar one on display with my 325th helmet, it's handmade but not by a vet ?

Rick

post-9167-0-07577500-1499623233.jpg

• 2 years later...
Backtheattack

Bad to hear he passed away. Rest in peace. Very well done model remembering a great plane - and great soldiers who ride them.

• 1 month later...
WWIIinterviews

On my first trip to the SILENT WINGS Museum in Terrell, Texas back in the 1980s they had a gift shop with certain items for sale. Books, videos, post cards and so on. They also had wooden models of the CG-4A.

I was told that one of the Glider Pilot veterans made these for the museum so I bought one for $10.00. A couple years during another trip to the museum I wanted to buy one of these models for a friend. None were on display. I asked about them and was told the old veteran that made them had passed away. I think you will have to agree that this gentleman was very talented,

Excellent model! Would love to find something like that. I have no talent for building models so I am going to have to buy, lol. I'd like to find a glider and C-47.

My visit to the National D-Day Memorial in Bedford, Va. I stumbled across a bronze statue of one of their soldiers displayed on the memorial. Unfortunately it was the only one they had left and wouldn't sell.