"US M14 Pouches" at International Military Antiques

Big Al

Does anyone know who really made these pouches? The construction and snaps remind me of the Greek M1970 cartridge carriers (commonly called Greek M56 Garand clip pouches for convenience). They have been selling a lot of Greek equipment stamped with a spurious US lately, which makes me suspect they are Greek as well.

http://www.ima-usa.com/original-u-s-manufactured-arvn-army-of-the-republic-of-vietnam-m14-double-magazine-pouch.html

hi Big Al ..those pouches are not U.S. Army issue or any U.S. issue item..they appear to be greek stuff stamped with U.S. ...by the way the ARVN never issued the M-14 rifle...vince g. 11B Infantry

100% sure that it's Greek

IMA is an interesting site, but sometimes they do mislabel items and overprice them

Also, the South Vietnamese did use the M-14, albeit in small numbers. It was a big rifle and hard for most Vietnamese to use them. Just think of how much trouble they had with the Garand!

IMA is notorios for mislabling things....adding the "US" mark is pretty typical ploy to market something for resale

That's pretty bad if they stamped those Pouches and are trying to rip people off. thanks for the info Ron because I watch their web site closely for neat stuff. However I have questioned some of their offerings before.

Ronnie

It is unfortunate. However, we don't know who stamped the gear. It could have been someone in Greece thinking the big bucks are in US marked stuff. It is disappointing that IMA would sell such gear.