Terrific group of WW2 China Tank Bn's

mortaydc60

mortaydc60

This is a truly great group which has almost complete set of patches along with other items for the Chinese Tank Bn's that where commanded by US troops as 1st Tank Group(Provisional) On July 5 was at 875 now it is over 3950. Very rare items and not seen to often. Item # 371995362489.

Really a terrific grouping to a little known group (unless you are an ASMIC member). The 1st PTG was a Chinese-American tank unit, operating in the CBI, and had an assault gun plt and 6 tank bns, all crewed by Nationalist Chinese. The 527th Ordnance Co (Heavy Tank) was both Chinese and Americans. The 1st Tank Bn saw some combat, the 2nd maybe a little, the other 4 trained continuously.

These guys supported Merrill's Marauders on more than one occasion, and considering it was basically an assault gun platoon, comprised of Americans, they were very successful in their missions and seeing to the success of Merrill's Marauders.

BILL THE PATCH

Ill have to pull out my trading Post with the article , I forget what year it was.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

Ill have to pull out my trading Post with the article , I forget what year it was.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

July-Sept 1996

mortaydc60

I assume most of the value to this lot was the patches. The Ledo road and the China theater are $150 apiece for $300. That leaves over $5000 for the 4 tank patches. I have had these patches and sold them at shows and range was more like $350 apiece. This lot comes out to 1250 or so per patch. This is a terrific group but in my opinion some one over paid or I am missing value of photos,etc>

firefighter

I was watching that. Didn't think it would go that high, 2 real big bidders at the end.It jumped from 4K to over 6K real quick

WorldWarPatches

One of the most advanced collectors got this lot and I wanted it bad. I just didn't bid as high as him. These never come and then to have a name tag for each patch. The 5th sold for 1200.00 not long age and it was ID'd wrong. This was one of the BEST grouping I have seen in years. Might be the winner will be writing another book soon.

One of the most advanced collectors got this lot and I wanted it bad. I just didn't bid as high as him. These never come and then to have a name tag for each patch. The 5th sold for 1200.00 not long age and it was ID'd wrong. This was one of the BEST grouping I have seen in years. Might be the winner will be writing another book soon.

Or you could read your July-Sept 1996 Trading Post.

I have had atleast 4 or5 of the fifth which is the most recognized of the bunch and usually sold in 350 or so range.Believe the 1500 price was an abberation.

I have had atleast 4 or5 of the fifth which is the most recognized of the bunch and usually sold in 350 or so range.Believe the 1500 price was an abberation.

It's only recognized because so many dealers claim it is an OSS patch.

You are absolutely correct. Believe first showed up at an ASMIC convention at the Drawbridge maybe in the 80's. We had long discussion with top people at the time concerning the ID