PHR Purple Heart returned to family...now on EBay for Sale

tarbridge

Agreed... We just started the "Private Lloyd M. Barrett Purple Heart Freedom Act of 2017" regardless of who gets the medal. I'll write the legislation ... it will only be three sentences.

ABSOLUTELY hilarious!!! LOL!!!! This is exactly what we all knew that happens for many of these medals. Sad, but hilarious! Medals that I returned back to families went because those families sincerely wanted them and I had the option to say no. Here, you have a buffoon returning medals to families that don't necessarily want them and then tries to get a law to make legitimate collectors' lives miserable. This is epic.

-Ski

That might very well be the reason the bid price has gone so high. I wonder how long ebay will take before they pull the auction?

From a reality stand point, neither eBay nor the government have vested interest in stopping auctions such as this...EBay generates too much tax revenue, of which the government isn't in a haste to butcher their cash cow....Bodes

I wonder if there are more PHR medals out there that have ended up in private collections?

Besides Fike's collection? :)

Besides Fike's collection? :)

Touche! I was thinking he would use this incident an an example of why PH's should not be sold and that any medals not wanted by the family should be put in a museum or returned to his basement.

Touche! I was thinking he would use this incident an an example of why PH's should not be sold and that any medals not wanted by the family should be put in a museum or returned to his basement.

He would not attemlt to spin it any other way...

Agreed... We just started the "Private Lloyd M. Barrett Purple Heart Freedom Act of 2017" regardless of who gets the medal. I'll write the legislation ... it will only be three sentences.

I wish there was a like button. If you do write this I will gladly support it (not that I'm in a position of influence).

Kevin

Thanks for the sharp eyes in picking this up on Ebay. Keep it up. This kind of info helps in dealing with Congressional staffers.

Glidertrooper

Looks like the auction for this PH has been pulled. Was around the $950 mark when I checked last, so I guess PHR didn't fancy weighing out a four figure sum to cover up their folly or the seller got a BIG side offer off of someone.

hickory119th

We were interested in buying this PH for our new museum that.s entirely dedicated to this division in Europe.Unfortunayely the PHR is not listed anymore. We.re still looking for 30th div artifacts also on loan we can display inthe museum. This museum will be the link with the States and Europe so The Old Hickory Men must know that there is a museum that honors their sacrifices here so they are not forgotten Just Preserve the Past for the Future V H

Looks like the auction for this PH has been pulled. Was around the $950 mark when I checked last, so I guess PHR didn't fancy weighing out a four figure sum to cover up their folly or the seller got a BIG side offer off of someone.

I am surprised it stayed on so long. I just hope someone here was able to make a deal with the sellers and not those idiots.

did anyone get the sellers name? Someone should contact him and ask what happened. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if SOMEONE contact the ebay police and had it pulled, hmm

Fritz

Bobertizkewl

I have been in contact with the seller. I was the first person to submit an offer to them outside of eBay. They said they had to contact some other bidders and would get back to me.

Jeff

did anyone get the sellers name? Someone should contact him and ask what happened. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if SOMEONE contact the ebay police and had it pulled, hmm

Fritz

NEW UPDATE!!!

REMEMBER TO VOTE NO!! against H.R.544 and S.R.765...the bill attempting to ban the Buying-Selling-Trading of Purple Hearts.

One of my favorite quotes was from WJ Bryan...

Destiny is no matter of chance.It is a matter of choice.It is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

These two Bills that have been presented trying to outlaw anything that concerns any transactions of the Purple Heart. The Purple Hearts Reunited organization has pushed the issue and found favor with a few Politicians plus some other organizations. While the efforts are noble enough, the Bill is poorly thought out.I will say the Collectors community have returned and rescued many more American medal groups than the proponents of the mis-guided Bills...H.R.544 and S.R.765.They even contradict their own goals with the two Bills and the attempted outcome.

Most collectors have no problem with PHR returning medals...we have offered to help.Their response is one of negativity and with the casting of name calling, such as...evil profiteers...scam artists...to name a few.That is pretty low class involving some of the groups casting slurs about people that they don't even know.Many of the proponents connected to PHR collect many items of Veterans...but you see that's Okay...it is alright for what they collect but not for medal collectors ...they are definitely hypocrites.

Back to Destiny...while we can make our own destiny it is fairly impossible to plan out the path of a donation or return of a Purple Heart.

You can return a medal to a family but you can't guarantee it will remain in the family fold.Whatever the reason the medal has left the family...lost...stolen(rare)...sold...given away...thrown away...it is a fact of life.

PHR and the Local Police in 2015 helped return this Purple Heart to Pfc Barrett's nephew that I now have photographed sitting on my desk, it sold a few days ago after being listed on ebay.It had been returned to a nephew...then sold to a antique shop...they sold it to another shop who listed it on eBay. It just proves when it leaves your possession...

It really does not matter who bought the medal or who sold it...the point is after it leaves PHR and their possession...it can be sold...thrown...given away or lost...THEY CANNOT CONTROL DESTINY.Once they spend all the money on Motels...Car Rentals...Plane tickets...and incidentals to return these medals...they can't stop DESTINY.The Bill causes more harm than good.

I have added the link from the last week concerning the medal for sale on eBay.

Sidenote...this medal will be going to a Collector from the Pfc's home town...to be honored and researched...and his memory rising like a Phoenix from ashes...

rps20170712_155529.jpgrps20170712_155544.jpgrps20170712_155621.jpgrps20170712_155635.jpgrps20170712_155557.jpgrps20170712_155650.jpg

That is the follow up on the previous page...

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=790359914475654&id=414027128775603

PURPLE HEARTS REUNITED RETURNED PURPLE HEART TO NEPHEW...NOW ON EBAY FOR SALE!!

Yes Sir...this medal had been returned to a nephew by PHR...that means they probably spent thousands of dollars in motel accommodations, car rentals,meals, plane tickets and incidentals. Evidently the family didn't care to keep it...this just proves PHR and it's justifications are fallible. So, now the group can end in the possession of a caring collector, Pfc Barrett can have the honor and respect deserved of his sacrifice

The media blitz continues. They will be holding a large event on August 7th. I have no issues with their mission of returning medals to families who want them. I have returned medals to families. I am just tired of PHR demonizing collectors.

Purple Heart Day

Eight on Seven

On August 7th, in recognition of Purple Heart Day, Purple Hearts Reunited will host an unprecedented event on the steps of Federal Hall. 8 Purple Hearts from WWI, WWII, Korea, Vietnam and Iraq will be reunited with the Veteran or the Veteran’s family. This special event would not be possible without the support of local Veteran Service Organizations. Special thanks to the United War Veteran’s Council and The Daughter’s of the American Revolution Knickerbocker Chapter for their support.

A fundraising benefit will be held directly following the event where members of the community will be able to meet the recipients of the Purple Hearts, hear about the mission of Purple Hearts Reunited, and support the safe journey home of several Purple Hearts that will be on display.

Sponsor Event When & Where

August 7, 2017 – 5pm
Federal Hall
26 Wall St, New York, NY 10005

Kaigun Shosa

A question to the readers of this thread:

Would a signed petition against this bill be of any use? If we rally and submit a signed petition (what ever the number of signatures required) to congress or whatever swamp creature is responsible for processing this through the legislative, don't they have to acknowledge it or reconsider?

Just a thought...

Jim

Looks like both of Maine's Congress members (Poliquin and Pingree) are co-sponsors on the bill. (https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/544/cosponsors) So Maine's delegation is on board with the law. Unless someone can change their minds. Guess I'll move on to collecting pillow covers or matchbooks.

I wouldn't be too quick to give up. I don't think this bill/resolution will go anywhere. We just have to keep the pressure up to make that happen. Barrett's medal is a great example of how bad this legislation is. We need to pass this example on.

-Ski