PHR Purple Heart returned to family...now on EBay for Sale

tarbridge

PHR will not answer questions...they do not provide any service not controlled by them.The financial records I have located are totals without any breakdowns of how the money was spent, such as categorized as $88,000 spent on 35 to 50 returns? Nothing broke down as to cost of travel...car rental...meals etc., payments made to PHR officials...$29,000.

He has never provided a exact total of his basement horde of medals or the identification of those medals.That is the narcissistic part of him to maintain all control of the organization he began. It is hypocritical he values his inventory when that is his goal to make Purple Hearts valueless.

We truly need an investigative journalist or reporter to look into the actions of PHR...especially the money trail.

Robert I agree. I found it odd reading an earlier post that mentioned the "fund raisers" PHR was doing.Does this smack of another non profit organization that basically is a profit generating business? There should be more transparency in his organization or accountability of what funds are generated and how spent as well as the amount of medals in his possession.

Not surprising that Captain Purple Cape doesn't want to discuss others intrests other than his own agenda. I was just thinking if this legislation is enacted and becomes law is Capt Purple Cape exempt due to his organization...with a basement full of medals it seems to me he would be right at the top of the list as a violator of the law he so much wants.

aerialbridge

PHR will not answer questions...they do not provide any service not controlled by them.The financial records I have located are totals without any breakdowns of how the money was spent, such as categorized as $88,000 spent on 35 to 50 returns? Nothing broke down as to cost of travel...car rental...meals etc., payments made to PHR officials...$29,000.

He has never provided a exact total of his basement horde of medals or the identification of those medals.That is the narcissistic part of him to maintain all control of the organization he began. It is hypocritical he values his inventory when that is his goal to make Purple Hearts valueless.

We truly need an investigative journalist or reporter to look into the actions of PHR...especially the money trail.

It's amazing there are no hard-ball interviews asking Fike the obvious questions that we are all wondering about- private property rights, other's rights to collect, just as Fike has the right to run his PHR show, the effect of driving PHs out of the country, as has happened to the MOH when it was made illegal to buy or sell, and how are all PH collectors and their homes not "Honorable" places for these medals? Except for Fike's home. Nothing but fawning, soft ball fluff pieces from the likes of "Readers Digest", NPR, various local news outlets where PHR has sent out its self-aggrandizing, press releases of its choreographed and orchestrated "returns", and various misguided organizations that have bestowed "honors" on Fike, such as the Army Times that named Fike "Soldier of the Year" in 2016.

Was Fike absent from civics class when they had the lesson on "Land of the Free and Home of the Brave?" Free, as in the right to pursuit of happiness, which for many may be collecting, history, and research. How about "live and let live"? Did Fike miss that simple lesson of life in a free society? Or did the rest of us miss the part where Fike sanctified himself and demonized every other Purple Heart collector as greedy, disrespectful and bad? And now, if he gets Cook's bill passed, Fike can literally "corner the market" as the self-appointed Pied Piper of Purple Hearts.

Fike and the gutless, political opportunists whose 25 year old "staffers" are signing them up for Paul Cook's monstrous, UN-American bill that would outlaw the right to sell or buy a Purple Heart medal are acting more like what America has stood against than what America stands for--- Liberty and freedom. I would bet if you asked most of the ignorant or misguided people and organizations that support Fike's quest to make himself, literally "the only game in the US" for Purple Hearts, that they would describe themselves as "Anti- Big Government" and most probably believe there should be less "Government Regulations". The irony.

Yes, we truly need investigative journalists to look into PHR. Writing tons of letters and emails to 60 Minutes or other shows and suggesting they do a piece on PHR and Paul Cook's proposed bill to basically Outlaw the Purple Heart, has a lot more potential to make a difference than writing to the 25 year old "staffers" that set the agenda in DC for their bosses. Because that's who's reading your letters and emails. And the agenda they are setting in this case is obviously just jumping on the bandwagon with Paul Cook's travesty of liberty.

https://www.google.com/search?q=have+a+story+idea+for+60+minutes&oq=have+a+story+idea+for+60+minutes&aqs=chrome..69i57j0.5548j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#q=how+to+write+to+60+minutes+

If I could be Tucker Carlson's programmer for a day-

post-18406-0-62165600-1500767948_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...

Has there been any movement on the Purple Heart legislation, H.R.544 and S.R.765,. I've written to my senators and representative and received a reply from my representative, I didn't get a reply from the senators. Thanks. I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and the best of New Years. R/ Twillie2

No...it is still a proposed Bill in the House...it had passed the Senate. If nothing happens by 31 December 2017...it will have to be resubmitted.

FYI: All non profit organizations are required to provide their IRS filing information upon request. If they refuse to do so, the IRS will provide the information to the requester, and the non profit could face fines and possible loss of non profit status.

Any US taxpayer can request the paperwork for a non profit. The non profit can charge a "reasonable and customary fee" for this information. The IRS suggests a fee of $2 for the first page, and $1 for every page thereafter. This keeps the non profits from effectively refusing to provide the information by charging an large fee for it.

Check this link out, it provides the information on non profits and IRS paperwork

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=19&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwi33Mf71ZjYAhUJkeAKHZ_ECBoQFgifATAS&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.irs.gov%2Fcharities-non-profits%2Fpublic-disclosure-and-availability-of-exempt-organizations-returns-and-applications-documents-subject-to-public-disclosure&usg=AOvVaw2bv9IyeMUYzG72AxHm4VGW

No...it is still a proposed Bill in the House...it had passed the Senate. If nothing happens by 31 December 2017...it will have to be resubmitted.

I am happily surprised that the passed Senate Bill hasn't been voted on yet in the House. Let's hope it stays that way. Obviously, the tax bill has been at the forefront. Might be thanking Trump for saving the PH in the end. It will only be a delay probably, unfortunately.

-Ski