Fried Ostermann M-444A in outstanding condition

bazelot

I have been looking for a while for a perfect M-444 and i just got one. This one is a large size 42 and I do not believe it was ever worn. The shearling is soft, not dried out (which is quite rare for a WWII Navy shearling). All the seams which usually crack under slight pressure are super soft and still retain their elasticity. I owned dozens of M-445As but i never had a M-444A before. The fleece is not as thick but wearing them they feel exactly the same. The fleece is hands down the best I have seen, and of course my kids being Minions fans think it is really "fluffy" clear.png
It sports a beautiful and extremely rare triple marked blackened Talon zipper. It still has it's original pocket paper tag and it came with its original NAS Seattle Quartermaster tag, which I had never seen before and leads me to believe that the jacket is indeed brand new and was never issued.

post-2988-0-16828500-1498758987_thumb.jpg

post-2988-0-84570600-1498759002_thumb.jpg

post-2988-0-20085200-1498759026_thumb.jpg

phantomfixer

That is truly an amazing, once in a lifetime find....beautiful jacket.......without going into private details...was it an auction? estate? store find? ....

phantomfixer

dig it...I can't say you will ever find a 444 in better condition...there must be guys in shock right now...kinda surprised at the low thread count...this is an amazing jacket...IMO

dig it...I can't say you will ever find a 444 in better condition...there must be guys in shock right now...kinda surprised at the low thread count...this is an amazing jacket...IMO

I guess no one likes WWII flight jackets :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

let me know if you ever want to sell this! my grandpa was Albert Ostermann, the partner in fried ostermann. I live near sf. thanks, Jane