US Army General Officers Army Service Uniform (ASU)

Edelweisse

Hi Folks: This is the first for me....I found this in a thrift store and at first...I didn't recognize it but figured it was important because of the gold braid. When I researched it, I found that it's a US Army General Officer's Service Uniform, The jacket appears that it hasn't been worn and it came with two (2) part of GO service trousers...one still having the label.

It isn't named....but it's current. I'm not sure if there's interest out there. Is there interest out there? Thanks,

post-153915-0-80555400-1498720103_thumb.jpg

post-153915-0-75445300-1498720113_thumb.jpg

post-153915-0-99911100-1498720137_thumb.jpg

post-153915-0-75244500-1498720157_thumb.jpg

CNY Militaria

If you can pair up retiring General Officers to the area of the thrift store, you may be able to nail down an ID, especially with that many overseas service bars.

Edelweisse

I agree....12 overseas stripes. I picked it up by Ft, Lewis and I've been looking at General officers in blues and Wikilinks...no luck so far. I might go over to their museum...and maybe they can assist in ID'ing the jacket.

Edelweisse

Gen. David H. Petraeus had 11 stripes.....but this has 12 stripes for 6 yrs overseas....which really isn't much considering two tours accompanied in Germany etc...I've looked at a lot of General officer pictures......nix....so fr.

Edelweisse

Well...I went back to the thrift store and they cross-referenced the sales tag...and it didn't cross to a person...it was a donation. I contacted HQ I Corps Protocol and they came up with a recent MG that retired but the MG had 11 overseas stripes while this has 12. I'll go up to the I Corps HQ building....and look at all the past Commanders and Deputy Commanders and I'll also go over to 7th ID...which hasn't been on Ft. Lewis for a long time. The hunt continues...

• 3 years later...

Hi Folks:  well..it has been awhile but I have done some more research and I believe I have found the GO who owned this GO officer’s blue tunic & trousers.  I think that this belonged to MG Mark J. O’Neil who retired up in Pacific NW & Alaska area.

10 minutes ago, Edelweisse said:

Hi Folks:  well..it has been awhile but I have done some more research and I believe I have found the GO who owned this GO officer’s blue tunic & trousers.  I think that this belonged to MG Mark J. O’Neil who retired up in Pacific NW & Alaska area.

Curious to know how were you able to determine that based on a unnamed uniform.

Thanks

Well....I found the tunic and trousers in the Ft. Lewis thrift store ...and this GO was up in the Pacific NW area.  When I went back and asked the office if they could track who turned in/donated the tunic & trousers since I still had the control tags.....they didn’t have a name...just stated in their records...”DONATION”.  I researched all the GOs that retired in or around Ft. Lewis, WA after talking to Protocol....and came up with nothing.  I also contacted Marlow White Inc. but they wouldn’t provide me any sales info.  

While I was recently researching LTG Flynn (fellow Rhode Islander), who is the brother of GEN Flynn,...I noticed overseas stripes so when I dug further... A notable recipient had 12 overseas ...and the GO’s name was the above.  So....I am thinking he’s the GO.  If I’m wrong...so be it.....but I am thinking he’s the previous owner.

you might be right.  

Any idea of the size and weight of GEN Flynn. Wondering if it'd be consistent with the size 46R jacket and eventually the size of these trousers 

Hi:  I believe the set belongs to “MG Jack J. O’Neil” ...not one of the US Army “Flynn” brother GOs.  I hope that I didn’t confuse anyone.

“Mark” not “Jack”...my mistake...so I believe “Mark J. O’Neil” was the previous owner of the tunic and trousers.  Again...my mistake.

• 2 years later...