Bar, Insect, Field ?

Vertol

Hello,

I'd like to have your advice about this net for a cot. I'm not sure it is US, so if not, please delete the topic. However, it doesn't look like european one I know. I'd though it was the Bar, Insect, Field except that there are 6 attachment points (3 on each longest side), such as the one below.

The dimensions are 180cm long, 60 cm large and 130 high. It has only one type of thread, I mean, there is only web with holes (not sure that it is clear :-) ). There is no stamp, nor label and the web is natural, not synthetic (I can't identify the material, I can only say it is rough).

25ezedi.jpg

68h26e.jpg

6z3t5d.jpg

Here's a picture comparing M-1944 Helmet Net thread (left), USMC Helmet Net thread (below) and the unknown net thread (right).

98dbhd.jpg

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Vertol

phantomfixer

Here is an example of a mint with cutter tags US 1943 cot/shelter half net...the tie strings are khaki with what looks like HBT material vs yours has the netting rolled and stitched into a tie string...

post-155518-0-33430500-1498424817_thumb.jpg

Thank you for your intervention. You're right about the tie strings, it's cheaper on mine...

As you have a good one, could you give me the dimensions and the location of the tag, and if it's possble for you a picture of the entire net ?

phantomfixer

some of the pica make the net look green, but it is khaki...in the shape of a shelter half, the box is about 5x6 feet with the ends coming to a point, like a shelter half...

This design is meant to be used in a shelter half OR a cot...earlier/different nets are designed specifically for cots/bedding

post-155518-0-54838400-1498566220.jpg

post-155518-0-08129800-1498566236.jpg

Thank you for these additionnal information.

Mine is too different, and is definitely for a cot as it is a perfect parallelepiped, but maybe not US ...