What happened to Hong Kong Keith?

ccmax

Keith was a source for cheap and decent repro uniforms, but he appears to have been banned from eBay. Anyone knows his whereabouts these days? None of the other current repro dealers on eBay carry the exact same items as he did.

Cesar.

I wondered as well. His stuff was cheap, but the only ones I saw in person were the WW1 German uniforms which were not all that good. They could have been altered to be OK, bu it was clear he did not know much about what he was making.

Still I was always tempted by a Chinese Army uniform just for kicks.

I had him in my favorite sellers list also. So, I looked at his last 30 days before he was listed as "no longer registered". Of 75 sales in his last 30 days, he had 24 negatives and 6 neutrals. think.gif

Some of his stuff was good and some of it was just passable. His WWII German tunics were made of high quality wool, of the type used for original private purchase and early war uniforms. His stuff was not generally junk, as some US based sellers tried to imply in order to guarantee their own businesses.

The field gear pieces left a lot to be desired.

I am not sure if he was the manufacturer of items though. I get the feeling that many of the China bases sellers on eBay just resell items they buy somewhere else.

Keith must have been quite a character, he was nice to deal with, prompt to respond, but on a few occasions he got all the orders wrong and it would take a long time for him to correct the mistakes.

Keith must have been quite a character, he was nice to deal with, prompt to respond, but on a few occasions he got all the orders wrong and it would take a long time for him to correct the mistakes.
That's a good way to put it. I bought a DAK HBT officer's cap (just in case I ever wanted to build up a German POW impression) and while it was well done and inexpensive, it took forever for it to arrive.

• 2 months later...