Armor/Armoured Corps Officer Pin Help

stratasfan

Hi, All! I am making a display as a birthday present for my sister. I have all the pieces except for one. Am attaching a photo to show the pin I am looking for. It is the Officer's Armoured Corps (I think) device. Kind of looks like a tank tread. Are these no longer used? Also, I would like to get one or two of them, and was wondering if anyone knows what a good ballpark price would be? Thanks so much for any help!

post-151812-0-45238400-1498171109.jpg

Here's a pair at $24.95 (high end of the retail range)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Armor-Officer-Collar-Brass-Pins-Insignia-Pair-WWII-Tank-US-Army-M0740-/222552139199?hash=item33d12425bf:g:zkEAAOSwvflZSMUK

Or, you can try your hand at an outright auction and possibly get them cheaper.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WWII-Matched-set-LGB-Balfour-Armored-Officer-collar-insignia-/132233944541?hash=item1ec9c1dddd:g:-h0AAOSwrfVZScE9

I would think $15 to $20 a pair would be the right price.

Just for info, they don't really represent a tank tread, but an entire WWI tank, such as the early British models.

Thanks for the info! I will watch that auction and see where it goes. Is this an old (now no longer used) pattern of insignia? I was hoping to get new ones, as I have bought new Vanguard stuff for the rest of the display. However, no matter how I look around online, I only see WWII pins.

Bing Crosby a decorated hero!!! I never knew..nudge..nudge..wink..wink!

:D Isn't it grand! My sister's all-time favorite singer in Bing and "White Christmas" has always been one of our favorite movies. She really wants a Bing display, to hang up with our other displays, and this is such a fun thing to work on! I am going to make the patch, as it is a phony one for their unit. So as soon as I get an Armored pin, I'll be ready to start putting it together. :) However, it took me ages to just figure out what the pin was! I've spent tons of time pausing the disc and inspecting his uniform! Sure is a fun surprise for her!

That design for the Armored Force/Armor Branch of Service (BOS) was adopted in 1942 and superseded in 1951 by the current Armor BOS insignia of crossed sabers with superimposed front view of a tank.